It takes a village to create a textbook and we are deeply indebted to all those who helped us make this book a reality. First and foremost, our deepest thanks go out to all those who reviewed our chapters and gave us thoughtful feedback on how to make them even better:
- Patricia Abraham, Arkansas State University
- Jessica Adams, Colby-Sawyer College
- Christine Bieszczad, Colby-Sawyer College
- Douglas Bruce, Laney College
- Kathleen L. Deegan, California State University, Sacramento
- Lindsay Edwards, Hardin-Simmons University
- Cathy Headley, Judson University
- Laura Hutchinson, Holyoke Community College
- Christa Koval, Colorado Christian University
- Beth Ann Krueger, Central Arizona College–Aravaipa Campus
- Patrick Mathews, Friends University
- Jill O’Malley, Erie Community College
- Ana Otero, Emmanuel College
- Alfred Ordman, Beloit College
- Paula Vineyard Most, John A. Logan College
- Linda Wright, Dixie State College of Utah
We are especially thankful to Teresa Fung for her expert content editing. Teresa has a keen eye for scientific accuracy. Because she is steeped in the nutrition literature, her input has been invaluable.
The development editors included Melissa Lingohr-Smith, Lisa Benjamin, and Danielle Dresden.
We are also very grateful for the incredible support we received from the teams at Unnamed Publisher and The Research Masters. Melissa Yu of Unnamed Publisher and Amy Bethea of The Research Masters have provided such invaluable support in managing the creation of this book—it could not have happened without them. We would also like to thank Michael Boezi and all the others at Unnamed Publisher who have championed a nonmajors nutrition book.