This is “Appendix B: Suggested Cases”, appendix 2 from the book Global Strategy (v. 1.0). For details on it (including licensing), click here.
This book is licensed under a Creative Commons by-nc-sa 3.0 license. See the license for more details, but that basically means you can share this book as long as you credit the author (but see below), don't make money from it, and do make it available to everyone else under the same terms.
This content was accessible as of December 29, 2012, and it was downloaded then by Andy Schmitz in an effort to preserve the availability of this book.
Normally, the author and publisher would be credited here. However, the publisher has asked for the customary Creative Commons attribution to the original publisher, authors, title, and book URI to be removed. Additionally, per the publisher's request, their name has been removed in some passages. More information is available on this project's attribution page.
For more information on the source of this book, or why it is available for free, please see the project's home page. You can browse or download additional books there. To download a .zip file containing this book to use offline, simply click here.
Has this book helped you? Consider passing it on:
Creative Commons supports free culture from music to education. Their licenses helped make this book available to you.
DonorsChoose.org helps people like you help teachers fund their classroom projects, from art supplies to books to calculators.
Chapter 12 Appendix B: Suggested Cases
This appendix lists suggested cases for each chapter of this book. All can be ordered through Harvard Business School Publishing.
- Ghemawat, P., Rukstad, M. G., & Illes, J. L. (2009). Arcor: Global strategy and local turbulence (abridged).
- Jones, G. G., & Lefort, A. (2009). McKinsey and the globalization of consultancy.
- McKern, B., & Palma, M. V. (2006). Confectionary industry: Latin America and the global industry in 2006.
- Alafaro, L. (2002). Brazil: Embracing globalization?
- Bartlett, C. A. (2009). Global wine war 2009: New world versus old.
- Ghemawat, P., & Matthews, J. L. (2004). Globalization of CEMEX.
- Inkpen, A. C. (2000). Whirlpool corporation’s global strategy.
- Ramaswamy, K. (2003). Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy: In search of synergies in the global luxury industry.
- Bartlett, C. A. (2003). BRL Hardy: Globalizing an Australian wine company.
- Roberto, M. A. (2005). Robert Mondavi and the wine industry.
- Tan, D., & Tan, J. (2004). Amway in China A): A new business model.
- Azhar, W., & Drabkin, D. (2008). Pepsi Cola Pakistan: Franchising & product line management.
- Getaway, P., & Khanna, T. (2009/1999). Tricon Restaurants International: Globalization re-examined.
- Roberts, J., & Doornik, K. (2007). Nokia Corp: Innovation and efficiency in a high-growth global firm.
- Bartlett, C. A. (2004). P&G Japan: The SK-II globalization project.
- Khanna, T., Vargas, I., & Palepu, K. G. (2006). Haier: Taking a Chinese company global.
- Ramaswamy, K. (2007). LG Electronics: Global strategy in emerging markets.
- Quelch, J. A. (2008). BBC worldwide: Global strategy.
- Quelch, J. A. (2006). Lenovo: Building a global brand.
- Quelch, J. A., & Harrington, A. (2008/2004). Samsung Electronics Co: Global marketing operations.
- Goldberg, R. A., & Clay, T. (1997). Royal Ahold NV: Shopkeeper to the global village.
- Ichijo, K., & Radler, G. (2006). Toyota’s strategy and initiatives in Europe: The launch of the Aygo.
- Ko, S., & Loo, G. (2009). Li & Fung: Growth for a supply-chain specialist.
- Lee, H., Hoyt, D. W., & Singh, S. (2007). Rio Tinto Iron Ore: Challenges of globalization in the mining industry.
- Marks, M., Holloway, C., Lee, H., Hoyt, D. W., & Silverman, A. (2009). Crocs: Revolutionizing an industry’s supply chain model for competitive advantage.
- Nielsen, B., Pedersen, T., & Pyndt, J. (2008). ECCO A/S: Global value chain management.
- Pisano, G. P., & Adams, A. (2009). VF Brands: Global supply chain strategy.
- Mandviwalla, M., & Palmer, J. W. (2008). Globalization of Wyeth.
- Paine, L. S., & Wruck, K. H. (2006). Sealed Air Corp: Globalization and corporate culture (abridged).